Assistant Facility Manager
The Assistant Manager is part of a supportive and sales/service environment in the facility with outstanding product knowledge, closing skills and customer prospecting and qualifying. The Assistant Store Manager will contribute towards the overall performance of the store including storage, rental/trucks and trailers, merchandise sales, expense/operational controls, 100% customer satisfaction, and achievement of sales and profitability goals.
Customer Service & Professionalism- Greeting with a smile and enthusiasm, proactive contacts to assist customers and potential clients in obtaining the best storage and rental experience possible. Can-Do attitude, prompt return of phone calls and emails. Ability to work on own for extended periods of time, reliable, manage/motivate small team, and creative/unique problem solving.
Retail Business Management- Payment transactions: making change; combinations of cash, credit, and checks; Use of a POS computer and cloud-based system to manage clients and balances; accurately balancing cash/credit/check transactions daily and preparing daily bank deposits; excellent math skills, attention to details. Contracts: we deal with legal contracts that are required to be complete, accurate, legible, and the data accurately transcribed to the computer. Inventory management: maintaining proper levels of in-store goods and properly entering goods sold against available inventory. Software/App use- Word, Excel, Google Adwords, Exchange, Azure and a few other storage specific software applications.
The responsibilities of the role are to also maintain the overall store and property appearance with light maintenance and cleaning, or delegating duties to the appropriate team member(s). As well as keeping up rental equipment appearance with cleaning and maintaining merchandise inventory. Develop organizational goals and sales initiatives in collaboration with upper management and co-workers. This roles next step in a career in self storage, is typically to Facility Manager. We will happily provide all training required to be successful.
- Basic working knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with customers. Comfortable working with diverse individuals & communities.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking and/or writing skills helpful & encouraged to apply.
- Strong follow-through ability. Coordination, organizing, planning, interpersonal skills, sales, leadership, cold call sales experience and persuasion skills helpful.
- Ability to work harmoniously as part of and manage a small team, multi-task and prioritize tasks based on urgency, learn new skills quickly with minimal guidance.
- Ability to collaborate and work with community representatives and varied stakeholders. Self-sufficient in daily operations and focused on excellent customer service.
- PT position. Shifts would almost always be 8:30AM-6:00PM, & 4:00PM on Sundays. Must be available to work 2-4 of these days: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday (15-30hrs/week).
- Starting wage $16-20/hr, with commission and bonuses available. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Please download and complete the application linked below and attach it to the online form.Application